Which brings me to Sharknado, the wonderful bad movie that the Syfy channel aired. Not to give too much away, but a big storm brings in lots and lots of sharks into LA--and not just on the beach. The sharks make their way throughout the city. Whether they come up through sewers or riding high in the air on a water spout, they don't lose their enormous appetites for people.
Being a native Angeleno, I have to face the fact that this really could happen and start to prepare for the Sharkopolis. So here is my list of the 5 benefits a real-life Sharknado could bring LA:
- Sharks eating the city's inhabitants would mean less traffic on the freeway.
- Parking spots would be much easier to get (see #1).
- The beauty ideal that currently exists would expand to include scars and missing limbs.
- A hot night on the town would change to be in your house with your doors barricaded and the windows covered with plywood.
- Um....hmmm...I can't come up with a #5!
I can go back to worrying about zombies like everyone else. Whew!